Damen Naval Schiedam
Get on board with Damen Naval, along with more than 1,200 professionals based in The Netherlands, Romania, and Germany. We are the naval division of the family-owned Damen Shipyards Group which employs 12,000 professionals globally. Damen Naval designs and builds advanced naval vessels for customers all over the world. With a passion for technological innovation and sustainable solutions, we continue to push the boundaries in naval shipbuilding. You can be part of our team! Are you ready for duty?
As Plans and Arrangements Engineer at Damen Naval you will be responsible for a variety of tasks related to (statutory) plans, arrangements & outfitting, including the design and arrangements of accommodation and technical spaces excluding engine rooms within our naval projects.
As Plans and Arrangements Engineer, you will become a valued member of the basic engineering team, collaborating with engineers of your own and other disciplines. Your focus will be on arranging and optimizing various aspects of the outfitting process. Leveraging your technical expertise and hands-on experience, you will contribute to areas such as maintainability, producibility, ergonomics, and more. This presents an excellent opportunity to apply your knowledge and skills to shape the efficiency and functionality of our naval projects.
As Plans and Arrangement Engineer your key responsibilities will include
- Performing engineering tasks using 2D and 3D tooling, such as Microstation, Cadmatic and/or 3DX
- Contributing to the engineering process by developing the necessary information, such as System and Space descriptions, (statutory) plans, arrangements, lists, and fabrication/mounting drawings within agreed schedules, required quality and budget
- Participate in and control of the detail engineering
- Support the production phase and guarantee phase upon request
- Ensuring satisfactory compliance with all applicable requirements including (statutory) rules, regulations and commercial and/or naval norms, as well as specifications imposed by Regulatory Bodies and the customer
- Developing and documenting yard standards to support the outfitting engineering processes
- Contribution to continuous evaluation and/or improvement of the subdepartment’s processes
Skills & experience
To excel as Plans and Arrangement Engineer, you should possess the following qualifications and qualities:
- Secondary vocational education (MBO-4+) related to the outfitting discipline
- At least two years of experience with the engineering of (statutory) plans & arrangements and/or arrangement of spaces
- Experience with 2D CAD and 3D CAD-systems such as Microstation, Autocad, Cadmatic and/or Catia
- Experience with and knowledge of Class- and Statutory regulations and related plans and arrangements, preferably gained with ships or offshore installations
- Good command of the English language both written and verbal
- Excellent references antecedents as a pre-employment security screening is standard part of the recruitment procedure
- Permanent EU citizenship and passport are both required and candidates with NL/EU (work) visa or with both an EU and non-EU nationality and/or passport are not eligible in accordance with the requirements imposed by the military nature of our projects
What we offer
At Damen Naval, we highly value our employees, and we will support your professional and personal development. We also provide our employees with:
- A competitive salary and 8% holiday pay
- 27 holidays and 13 ADV days
- Travel allowance of 23 cents per kilometre
- PME-pension arrangement with an employer contribution of 60%
- Profit sharing based on company results
- Working from home policy and other benefits including a bicycle plan and company fitness
Are you interested in the position of Engineer Plans and Arrangements , kindly submit your application along with your CV and motivation letter, along with an indication of:
- Your (preferred) monthly gross salary based on fulltime work
- Availability (fulltime / part-time / number of hours)
- Notice period / possible starting date
For more information about the vacancy or Damen Naval, please visit the Damen Naval website, the Damen Naval Career website or call the Corporate Recruitment department on +31 (0).
Please note that due to the military nature of our projects, only candidates who have permanent EU nationality can be considered for vacancies at Damen Naval. Unfortunately, we are not allowed to process candidates who (also) have a non-EU passport or nationality. A pre-employment and security screening and investigation form part of the recruitment process.Damen Naval does not approve commercial, contractor and/or agency or other commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and they will not be considered. #LI-DNS1
Om op deze vacature te solliciteren bezoek je joblift.nl.